The key component to achieving success in any MLM / Network Marketing business is to create a consistent generation of leads. Without this, the business will simply be dead in the water.
Once you start your MLM / Network Marketing profession and embark on the journey to build your business, lead generation will be one of the first challenges that you’ll have to address.
To avoid “analysis paralysis” on getting your first few leads, your leaders will emphasize that you start off with a list of names from people in your immediate circle, family and friends.
I know it may seem a little daunting to pursue your family and friends, but your goal is to pitch the opportunity to anyone who would listen (In a good way). You have to think about co-workers, classmates, friends of friends that you know are ambitious, church friends, etc..
As much as people want to keep away from their “warm market”, I want to strongly suggest you to connect with your relatives and friends to introduce the business. After all, it is normal for us to share what we know first and foremost with the people closest to us.
You never know who’s looking for an opportunity and will say yes. In fact when you do not ask – it’s an automatic “no”.
Once you’ve made a list with all of your warm market, you want to qualify them. (NOTE: In our trainings we never let you do this step alone.)
The qualified leads are the people who are interested in what you have to share, seeking to learn more, and are interested in moving on to the next step. They may be beginners in the industry or existing players looking for other opportunities. Either way, an interested person is a qualified lead.
In order to get them to the close, here are a few tips that you can follow:
• Relay how your business will benefit them personally and financially.
• Focus on what they really want and be sensitive to their needs.
• Tell them what they want to hear by answering their questions and addressing their concerns. Instead of saying “Join me in building my empire”, tell them “Join me and let me teach you how to build your business and realize your dreams in life.”
• Don’t ever bad-mouth other network marketing companies. Instead, focus on the good side of your business and give emphasis to its advantages and benefits.
Now that you’ve qualified your leads, you want to add more people into the pipeline so begin asking family and friends if they know of anyone that may be interested, and commence to do the following to generate interest in more prospects:
• Relay your message by creating a simple presentation or product demonstration. Make sure that your message is clear and it provides the right amount of information that they need. (You will determine what they need by asking them questions)
• Don’t jump straight into your presentation. Warm things up first by starting a casual conversation.
• Do not, in any way, pester, persuade, or guilt your prospects into doing something that they don’t want to do. Even if they join after you have convinced them to – they will fall out at the first hurdle.
• Show them how the business benefited you and changed your life. Tell them that you want them to experience the same.
• Follow up to get a decision. If they are still interested in partnering, proceed to sign them up. If not, don’t push it.
IMPT. NOTE: You don’t want to strain your relationship.
Remember, generating leads on a consistent basis takes time. What you have to be willing to do is develop the skills to become a competent network marketer and master presenter. If you follow the guidelines above you will be well on your way to becoming one.
NOTE: How would you like to have 80%+ of the people you talk to ASK YOU for a presentation? How would you like to have 80%+ of the people you talk to make it to a follow up appointment? How would you like almost everyone who sees your business plan tell you that if they partnered with you and let you help them that they feel they would be successful? If this describes how people are reacting to you then keep up the good work. If this is not the type of coaching you are getting from your senior partners, feel free to contact me.